FORLIANCE initiates, finances, creates and manages robust nature-based climate projects and integrates them into sustainability strategies with our clients to achieve their Net Zero Carbon targets. We strive to create intact forests and ecosystems that positively impact our climate, biodiversity and human well-being.
The Earth Observations Division is responsible to provide all geodata needed to manage projects. It furthermore develops solutions for our clients which offer them tools to monitor and report their projects, as well as to communicate them to a wider audience.
To support our Earth Observations Team we are looking for a
GIS and Remote Sensing Expert
- Develop script based solutions for automatized land use classifications, biomass and carbon calculations
- Support the development of a monitoring and reporting platform for climate projects
- Perform standardized remote sensing analysis following international carbon standard guidelines to support different teams in the company
- Support the development of a sustainable geodata-infrastructure
- Conduct spatial research for climate projects involving constant communication with project managers
- Enthusiastic about climate and sustainability
- Professional education and a minimum of 2 years‘ experience in geoinformatics or remote sensing
- Proficiency in Google Earth Engine
- Knowledge of Carbon estimation using optical, radar or Lidar data is a strong asset
- AWS, Angular, REST API, Git and GeoNode, PostgreSQL, PostGis is a plus
- Language skills: proficiency in English is mandatory, German and Spanish are an asset
Benefits of your work
- SCRIPTS: Our company is growing and we want to standardize in-house analysis with structured solutions to perform consistent results
- PLATFORM: Our monitoring and reporting platform allows clients to evaluate projects, manage and communicate them to a wider audience
- Analysis: Our EO team provides spatial data to all divisions in house to support them with their daily work and to successfully manage projects in the climate and biodiversity sector.