FORLIANCE offers companies effective solutions for climate protection by developing individual climate protection strategies which include the calculation of GHG emissions, recommendations on how to reduce carbon footprints and/or advice on insetting/offsetting through certified climate protection projects.
Within the frame of the management of an 875-ha cocoa plantation in the Dominican Republic we are offering a trainee position to support the areas of
GIS / Database / Precision Agriculture
In close collaboration with FORLIANCE Geo-Digital Solutions Team and the Bayacao Management team, the trainee will be in charge of the following activities:
- Carrying out of a diagnosis of the existing database and identification of additional information needs.
- Establishment of an effective database directly and modular in the future according to the state of development of the project and the needs for information analysis.
- Establishing of the GIS: processing and analysis of the information obtained according to the requests formulated by the Management.
- Development of field Monitoring tools and dashboard based on drone technology.
- Training of an on-site technician who will then be responsible for the development over time of the GIS set up at the end of the internship.
- Geomatics engineer or GIS engineer student
- Data Analyst/engineer student
- Languages: Fluent Spanish mandatory, English a bonus
- 5-6 months, starting from October onwards
- Bayaguana, Dominican Republic
If we have caught your interest, please send us your application in Spanish or English, including a cover letter and CV and with your possible start date to email@example.com
More information is available at: www.forliance.com