FORLIANCE offers companies effective solutions for climate protection by developing individual climate protection strategies which include the calculation of GHG emissions, recommendations on how to reduce carbon footprints and/or advice on insetting/offsetting through certified climate protection projects.
To support our team’s mission to proactively promote climate protection, we are looking for a
Working Student - Forest management / Forest Inventory manager (w/m/d)
- Design and support forest carbon inventory guidelines for nature-based projects (ARR conservation and commercial, REDD+, IFM) according to international practicess such as IPCC.
- Support on the processing of forest inventory data and facilitate quality control / quality check of data from our global projects.
- Participate on training activities with local partners regarding forest inventory / forest management topics.
- Assist in the development of training materials field teams.
- Gathering research on forest carbon stock data for specific countries.
- Support the statistical analysis for forestry projects from sampling to processing.
- Current studies in resource management, forestry, agriculture or related field
- Knowledge on sustainable land use and forestry management, carbon assessment is an advantage
- Ability to process large database and summarize it
- Independent, solution-oriented work
- Interest in long-term cooperation
- Very good MS Office skills, use of R is beneficial
- Fluent in English, other languages such as Spanish or French are an advantage
- Statistical knowledge and comprehension is an advantage
What we offer
- Collaboration in an international interdisciplinary and dynamic team
- A casual work environment with impact
- A comprehensive introduction to our team and processes while providing the space to develop your own solutions – new ideas are expressly welcome