FORLIANCE initiates, finances, creates and manages robust nature- based climate projects and integrates them into sustain-ability strategies with our clients to achieve their Net Zero Carbon targets. Together with our global partners, and our 50+ team members in ten countries, we strive to create intact forests and ecosystems that positively impact our climate, biodiversity and human well-being. We offer companies effective solutions for climate protection by developing individual climate protection strategies.
To support our team’s mission to proactively promote climate protection, we are looking for a
Senior Manager Natural Climate Solutions
Together with our team, you will lead the development of nature-based climate projects and play a critical role in addressing climate change through the implementation of high-quality carbon reduction and removal initiatives.
- Lead the development of nature-based climate projects, including conducting feasibility studies and designing project documents (PDDs) in compliance with international carbon standards (Verra, Gold Standard, CAR).
- Plan and implement the full carbon project development cycle, including reports for project registration, validation, and verification.
- Oversee compliance of carbon projects with annual monitoring and standard guidelines updates
- Support on quality checks/quality assurance for deliverables to ensure the certification of high-quality nature-based projects
- Design, organize, and conduct site visits and travel to project locations as needed.
- Collaborate with other division to keep the carbon portfolio updated.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise on the development and implementation of advisory nature-based projects.
- Degree in forestry, sustainable resources management, agriculture, agroforestry studies or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in carbon project development
- Strong knowledge of international carbon standards (Verra, Gold Standard, CAR) and experience working with these standards.
- Experience in designing and implementing monitoring, reporting, and verification (MRV) plans for carbon projects.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English, Spanish is an advantage
- Willingness to travel to project sites as needed
What we offer
- Collaboration in an international interdisciplinary and dynamic team
- Exciting field of work at the interface between business and climate protection
- A casual work environment with impact
- A comprehensive introduction to our team and processes while providing the space to develop your own solutions – new ideas are expressly welcome
- Remote work possible if preferred
- Regular training and capacity building