We are extremely honoured to announce that FORLIANCE is now accredited by ICROA! As new ICROA Accredited Organisation we are looking forward to working in a joint effort to advance best practices for voluntary climate action. Following the successful completion of an independent audit to assure compliance with the ICROA Code of Best Practice, FORLIANCE is joining other eighteen ICROA accredited carbon management and offset service providers that demonstrate quality, integrity, and credibility in the voluntary carbon market.
What is the ICROA Accreditation Programme?
The ICROA Accreditation Programme defines and promotes best practice in the financing of high-quality emissions reductions and use of carbon credits as an effective carbon management tool. To participate, an IETA membership is required as well as an ongoing annual independent audit to assure compliance to the ICROA Code of Best Practice. Organizations accredited by ICROA may use the ICROA Accreditation Label.
ICROA Accredited organisations can use the ICROA Accreditation Label. The ICROA Accreditation Label stands for adherence to ICROA’s Code of Best Practice and therefore and the highest environmental integrity and quality in the VCM. The Label certifies that the company is compliant with the ICROA Code through an annual cycle of third-party audits.
ICROA accredited organisations commit to:
- Perform carbon measurement in accordance with international standards (e.g. WRI/WBCSD GHG Protocols and ISO 14064).
- Encourage clients to set challenging targets to go beyond business-as-usual.
- Encourage clients to assess emission reduction opportunities and prioritize cost-effective actions.
- Use credible carbon credits in accordance with international standards and programs.
- Use third-party registries to retire carbon credits used for offsetting.
- Encourage clients to communicate their carbon status and footprints, including emissions associated with the organization, product, service or event, as well as details about actions to reduce and offset emissions
ICROA’s Code of Best Practice
The ICROA Code of Best Practice ensures that ICROA accredited organisations and their clients undertake carbon management strategies that are credible and sustainable. It aims to define international best practice for offset-inclusive carbon management and represents the minimum requirements that all ICROA accredited organisations must meet. The ICROA Code of Best Practice is applicable to voluntary carbon management services provided by ICROA accredited organisations.
When offsetting greenhouse gas emissions on behalf of a client, ICROA accredited organisations commit to use carbon credits based on these principles:
- Independently verified